If you are a brilliant First year or continuing student in any of the public tertiary institutions requiring financial assistance to continue your education, then Apply for the MTN Ghana Bright Scholarship.
MTN scholarship foundation has been awarding various sponsorship programmes to thousands of well-deserving across the African continent. However, Ghanaian youths have also benefited from the MTN Ghana Foundation to pursue various courses at different levels of education in Ghana through the Scholarship scheme.
Level/Field of Study:
The Scholarship is designed for Year one Undergraduate Students and Continuing education Students at any public Higher Institution in Ghana. The Applicant must be pursuing any choice course.
Ghanaians from any of the 16 Regions of Ghana to be eligible to apply for the Scholarship. These 16 regions in Ghana include Accra, Takoradi, Kumasi, Cape Coast, Koforidua, Wa, Ho, Sunyani, Tamale, Bolgatanga.
The MTN Scholarship in Ghana 2020 covers the cost of Tuition, Accommodation and a Stipend for books and other relevant reading materials.
This Section must be obeyed for you to win this MTN Bright Scholarship Initiative The Applicant must be sure he/she has the following:
- Must be proven to be;
c) Be hard-working with excellent academic results
- Continuing students and first-year students in any accredited public tertiary institution in Ghana who meet all criteria may apply.
- Provide a one-page letter of motivation indicating why MTN Foundation should award you a scholarship for your education, including what your educational and professional goals are.
- Attach WASSCE results, admission letters and written Testimonials from your Senior High School. Please note that thorough checks will be made on all documents submitted.
Priority would be given to persons pursuing courses in ICT, Computer Science, and Engineering. WOMEN and PERSONS with disability are especially encouraged to apply.
For Undergraduate Tertiary Students
An applicant in the first year of any public tertiary institution in Ghana should have credit passes in six (6) subjects with an overall aggregate of 24 at the WASSCE/SSSCE respectively.
Three of the six subjects should be core subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and three must be in relevant electives.
For the purposes of this Scholarship, a credit pass in:
i. WASSCE means A1 – C6
ii. SSSCE means A – D
For Continuing Tertiary Students
- A continuing student applicant should have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Be involved in extra curricula activities.
- Be proven to be without any academic disciplinary issue and/or must not be serving a bond to be of good behaviour.
How to Apply
Applicants should go online and apply through the web portal scholarship.mtn.com.gh.
Submission of hard copies of application will be rejected.
1. Sign Up/register with the appropriate documents to make a request in order to gain access to the portal.
Note: An email confirmation would be sent to you after your account has been approved by the foundation.
2. Login to the portal using your email and password provided.
3. Fill out the necessary details to request for a scholarship grant and Click Submit to send a request.
4. The appropriate office would look at your scholarship request and make a decision whether grants would be offered or denied.
An email or SMS would be sent to you to know the current status of your request.
Note: You can track your scholarship request through the portal. Just visit the Payment History tab.
Application submission is from May 1, 2020 to May 31, 2020.
Successful Candidates would be contacted directly and their names published in the newspapers by August 28, 2020