As part of measures to ensure a smooth placement of qualified BECE candidates, The Ghana Education Service (GES) and the Technical/ Vocational Education and Training Service (TVETS) have put in place the following arrangements for the information of parents/guardians/candidates and the public.
- Updates Added
Introduction of cluster of schools: These are similar schools that belong to the same category, which candidates may comfortably accept as alternative schools to their initial choices.
- Grouping of Schools
All second cycle institutions have been grouped as follows:
- Public second Cycle Institution: Four (4) groups namely Categories A, B, C and D.
- Appendix 1: contains detailed technical institutions (TI) programmes
III. Appendix 2: contains detailed subjects of the Technical Programmes in the Sec/Tech. institutions
- Appendix 3: contains Special Boarding schools for the sixth (6th) Choice
- Appendix 4: Cluster of schools
- Appendix 5: contains list of Special Education Need (SEN) schools
VII. Sample Choice: Examples of correct and wrong choices
- Before Selection of Schools and Programmes
Before Selection of Schools and Programmes offered, parents/guardians are advised to note that all schools selected
(1st–6th) are considered in placement of candidates.
- Conditions for selection of schools
Candidates with guidance from parents/guardians and school authorities;
- a) Must choose Six (6) schools (1st – 6th choices) in all.
- b) Must select programmes and accommodation for each selected school.
- c) Must choose a compulsory day as 6th choice (Catchment Area School) or choose boarding school from the list of schools in Appendix 4
- d) Must indicate ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to accept or decline to opt for a cluster.
- e) Candidates who wish to offer purely TVET Programmes must select all six (6) TVETS schools from CATEGORY A, B and C as Day or Boarding
- f) Cannot choose more than one (1) School from Category A
- g) Cannot select more than two (2) schools from Category B
h) May select five (5) choices from Category C and One (1) from Category D (Day) or Appendix 3 (Special Boarding)