Customers are to manually activate their eSIM after purchasing it from AirtelTigo’s offices in order to enable connectivity.
To activate your eSIM on any Android or Apple smartphone, refer to the guide below.
How to activate eSIM on Android smartphone
- Go to your phones “Settings”
- Tap on Connections
- Choose “SIM Card manager” and then select “add eSIM plan”.
- Choose “add using the QR code” and then scan your unique QR code.
- In the event where you have challenges downloading with the QR code, there’s an option for activation code which will be sent to your mail.
How to activate your eSIM on an Apple smartphone
- Go to Settings,
- Select “mobile data”
- Select “add eSIM” and then scan the activation QR code
- Confirm cellular plan, accept final prompts, and choose “default line”.
- In the event where you have challenges downloading with the QR code, there’s an option to enter the following information manually. (Activation code SM-DP+ Address)
- Go to default line and “choose secondary”
- iMessage and Facetime, “choose secondary”
- Cellular data, “choose secondary”