The Government of Ghana launched a new mobile app to aid in registration and renewal of National High Insurance Scheme (NHIS) dubbed, ‘MyNHIS App’.
The new platform will enable Ghanaians with the use of their Ghana cards and sign up for the NHIS at their own convenience. Existing members of the NHIS can also renew their membership with ease.
Payment of the registration and renewal can be securely through mobile money wallets, Bank and Visa cards.
The MyNHIS App is available on both Android and iOS smartphones.
How to create an account on “MyNHIS” App
- Visit Google Play Store or App store to download the MyNHIS app
- After installation, tap on the NHIS app icon to display
- Tap on “Don’t have an account? Sign Up”
- Enter your details to sign up.
- Enter the OTP received through SMS on the phone number used to register.
After successfully confirming OTP, you will be shown a dashboard to register or renew NHIS.
Before you can use the services on the app, you will be required to create a profile with your Ghana Card details.
How to create a profile on MyNHIS App with Ghana Card
- After creating an account, tap on the “create profile” on the dashboard
- Enter the details of your Ghana card and select next
- Choose the nearest NIA office within your area and tap next to verify
- A message will be displayed after a successful verification
- Select done to proceed.
After your profile has been created, all the services will be activated on the app screen.
You can now Register, Renew and Link cards with MyNHIS App