Top advertisers who have stopped advertising on Twitter since Elon Musk took over
Since Elon Musk completed the purchase of Twitter to roll out his ideas, about 50 of the top 100 Twitter advertisers have announced or stopped advertising on his platform.
The advertisers accounted for nearly $2 billion in advertisement on the platform since 2020.
These companies were previously advertised on Twitter, but then stopped due to direct outreach, controversies, and warnings from media buyers.
Some reasons that led to the termination of advertisement included impersonation as a result of Elon Musk $8 verification with Twitter Blue. Others have lost the trust of the company since Elon Musk completed the massive lay-off of Twitter employees.
An asterisk indicates a company has issued a statement or was publicly reported as stopping its ads on Twitter and subsequently confirmed.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Allstate Corporation
- AMC Networks
- American Express Company
- Big Heart Petcare
- BlackRock, Inc.
- BlueTriton Brands, Inc.
- Boston Beer Company
- CA Lottery (California State Lottery)
- CenturyLink (Lumen Technologies, Inc.)
- Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc.*
- Citigroup, Inc.
- Discover Financial Services
- First National Realty Partners
- Heineken N.V.
- Hewlett-Packard (HP)
- Hilton Worldwide
- Inspire Brands, Inc.
- Kellogg Company
- Kohl’s Department Stores, Inc.
- LinkedIn Corporation
- MailChimp (The Rocket Science Group)
- Marriott International, Inc.
- Mars Petcare
- Mars, Incorporated
- Merck & Co. (Merck Sharp & Dohme MSD)*
- Meta Platforms, Inc. (formerly Facebook, Inc.)
- MoneyWise (Wise Publishing, Inc.)
- Novartis AG*
- Pernod Ricard
- The Coca-Cola Company
- The Kraft Heinz Company
- Tire Rack
- Wells Fargo
- Whole Foods Market IP
- Yum! Brands