Misplacing your SIM card may jeopardize your business and create inconvenience for anyone. Though, there is a lot of hassle when replacing/swapping/upgrading your SIM card, it is worth a shot.
Regardless, MTN have made it much easier for its users to replace their SIM following the adverse effect of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In this article, you will find the complete and basic steps to following to replace your SIM Card.
When to replace your SIM Card
You can replace your SIM Card if it is faulty, damaged, stolen or lost. You can also replace your SIM Card if you have any other legitimate reason or condition apart from those stated.
Requirements for SIM Swap/Replacement and SIM Upgrade
- The phone number must be registered with MTN
- You must have your National Identity Number (Ghana Card)
- You must provide corresponding answers to your key details such as Date of Birth, Location, Last Recharge Date, Last Recharged Amount, Four (4) Frequently Dialed Numbers.
How to Replace your SIM Card
- Visit the nearest MTN shop with the valid ID card registered with the SIM Card.
- The attendant will ask you key details such as Date of Birth, Location, Last Recharge Date, Last Recharged Amount, Four (4) Frequently Dialed Numbers.
- Customers will pay a fee for the SIM replacement.
- A new card will be issued, and your old/current number activated
How to Replace MTN SIM Card yourself
- Buy a new SIM card from any customer care shop or a local shop near you.
- Dial the toll-free number (111)
- An agent will respond and ask you key details such as PUK Pin, Date of Birth, Location, Last Recharge Date, Last Recharged Amount, Four (4) Frequently Dialed Numbers, Valid ID Number.
- After providing corresponding answers, your old/current number will be activated onto the new SIM ready for use.
How to Replace your MTN SIM Card Online
- Purchase a new SIM Card at any authorized agent
- Take a screenshot of your Valid ID card.
- Visit https://mtncustomeronlinerequest.mtn.com.gh/on your phone or PC
- Enter your Phone Number (Replacement number) and Click proceed
- Select SIM SWAP Request in the next option
- Fill in the Questionnaire (Date of Birth, Last Recharge Date, Last Recharged Amount, Four (4) Frequently Dialed Numbers, and upload your ID Card.)
- Submit and follow the next process to activate your SIM Card.
- Your new SIM card will be activated with your old/current number ready for use.