Misplacing or loosing your SIM Card is one of the most painful things to go through and can cause you to lose the contact/numbers of your loved ones, business partners and family. There are several ways by which one can lose his or her MTN SIM, but the most common one is if your phone goes missing or stolen.
MTN Ghana thinking of its customers has rolled out the MTN Phonebook backup service, which allows MTN users to back up their contacts and restore anytime they lose their SIM.
In this article, you will learn about the step-by-step guide on how you can back up and restore your contacts on your MTN SIM.
About MTN Phonebook Backup Service
The MTN Phonebook Backup service allows subscribers to save data and contacts on their phone and SIM cards on the MNT server for future use.
How to Activate MTN Backup Service
In order to regain your lost contacts, MTN requires its users to activate the MTN Phonebook backup first. You can either activate MTN backup service via their Customer care or through your SIM Menu on your phone.
MTN Ghana subscriber is required to pay a fee of GHS 0.65 as a subscription fee and can back up over 5000 Numbers. A subscriber shall be paying for this fee with MTN Mobile money every month.
How To Activate MTN Contact Backup Using Customer Care
- Dial 100 with your MTN SIM in your phone
- Choose any local Ghanaian language of your choice
- Select 5 to speak to a customer care agent at MTN Ghana.
- Hold on for a while for an agent to pick your call
- Direct the agent to activate your MTN Phonebook Backup service and it’s done.
MTN Ghana will immediately send you a text message after a successful activation. There will be an automatic update of your backup and you will be notified via SMS.
How To Activate MTN Contact Backup Using The SIM Menu
- Open your Phone Menu
- Select Services or Network Services
- Choose My MTN
- Select MTN Backup
- Select ‘Synchronize’ from the list
- MTN will notify you that your SIM Backup was successful.
- Click on Okay and wait for a while.
- You will receive a payment confirmation request from MTN.
- Enter your MTN Mobile Money PIN code
- Select the option 1 to complete the process
- After activating your MTN Phonebook Backup service, you will be required to Sign Up and create a backup account on MTN Ghana’s server, to be able to access your contacts. You can access the link via here
How To Restore Contacts From MTN Phonebook Backup
When you lose your SIM Card and need to back up your contacts, then you need to follow the guide below. This is how to restore your contacts from MTN Phonebook backup.
- Login to the contacts backup site
- Check for when there was a last backup through the ‘devices’ session on your dashboard
- Select the device you wish to recover your contacts on.
- Click on ‘Sync Now’ and MTN will send you a message that synchronization is about to take place on the server.
- Click on ‘Continue’ to start
- You will be notified when the process is completed.
- Your contacts from the backup will now be restored.
How to Activate MTN Backup/Restore with MTN Phonebook Backup App
- Download the App on Google Play Store or App Store
- Login with your Phone Number
- Perform Back up with a single click
- Restore Back up in one click