A great internet browser should have the functionality you need, portability across devices, and the privacy you deserve. With around 1.5 million downloads per day, Firefox is one hot browser that people are seeking.
Firefox Browser, also known as Mozilla Firefox or simply Firefox, is a free and open-source web browser developed by the Mozilla Foundation and its subsidiary, the Mozilla Corporation.
Firefox puts your privacy first and believe you have the right to decide how and with whom you share your personal information. Firefox collects as little data as possible and never sells it. No secrets. But a lot of transparency and real privacy.
How to download and install Firefox on Windows
- Visit this Firefox https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/windows/ download page in any browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
- Click the Download Now button. The Firefox Installer that downloads will automatically offer you the best available version of Firefox for your computer. If you use Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer, a notification bar will appear at the bottom of the page with an option to open or run the Firefox Installer file.
- Click Open file on Microsoft Edge or Run on Internet Explorer, to start the process.
- In other browsers, you may need to first save the Firefox installer to your computer, then open the file you downloaded.
Note: If you see an Open File – Security Warning dialog, click Open or Run.
- The User Account Control dialog may open, to ask you to allow the Firefox Installer to make changes to your computer. If this dialog appears, click Yes to start the installation.
- Wait for Firefox to finish installing.
- When the installation is complete, Firefox will open.
How to download and install Firefox on Mac
- We will use the built-in Safari browser on your Mac to download and install Mozilla Firefox.
- Open Safari from your Dock.
- In the address bar at the top, type https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/mac/ then press return.
- Select Download now.
- Select Firefox.dmg from Downloads.
- Drag the Firefox App into your Applications folder.
- Once it has finished copying, eject the disk image for Firefox from your desktop by dragging it to Trash.
- You’ll be asked for permission to run Firefox, select Open.
- Firefox will open.