Adobe PDF viewer opens almost all kinds of files. However, sometimes you might find that your Adobe is not opening PDF on your android.
When this happens, it could be caused by a number of reasons such as the PDF not correctly decoded during download or its format is not Adobe’s supported file type. Nevertheless, you need not worry about Adobe not opening PDF on your android as there are various means of fixing the problem.
How to Fix Adobe Not Opening PDF on Android
- On your smartphone go to settings
- Tap on Apps
- Find the Adobe Reader app
- Click on Force stop
- Click Okay to force stop
- Tap on clear cache and clear data
- After that go to Playstore
- Search for Adobe Reader
- Click on Update to update your app
- Restart your phone.
If the issue persists, Kindly download the pdf file again. It could be that it got damaged while downloading. With these few steps, you can easily resolve the issue of adobe not opening PDF on android.
How to Resolve Adobe Not Opening PDF From Outlook
Did you get a mail on your Outlook that came with a PDF attachment but Adobe PDF viewer is not opening the PDF? This could be because the PDF attachment isn’t correctly decoded. Nevertheless, with a single trick, that can be sorted out. All you need to fix adobe not opening pdf from outlook is to;
- Open your Outlook
- Go to File
- Select Options
- Click on Trust center
- Open Trust Centre Settings
- Select attachment Handling
- Click on Attachment and Document previewers
- See if the Preview handler is checked
- Then try again.
If it persists, make adobe your default reader and that’s it! In just a few and easy steps, you have fixed adobe not opening PDF from outlook.
How to Resolve Adobe Not Opening PDF in Chrome
Using Adobe Reader to open PDF files downloaded in chrome makes the file documents easy to read and access when compared to opening it with chrome directly. Sometimes, Adobe Reader may not open PDF files in Chrome. If this happens, here is what you need to do to stop Adobe not opening PDF in Chrome.
- Install Adobe Reader on your computer
- Go to your chrome browser
- Click on the Menu Icon and settings
- Scroll down to the bottom of the menu and click on Advanced
- In the Privacy section, click on site settings
- Scroll down to the bottom and select PDF documents
- Switch to “Download PDF” instead of automatically opening them in chrome by turning the toggle on
With this, when next you have a Pdf file in chrome, there will be no issue like adobe reader not opening PDF. However, it must be noted that PDF files just like other files will download in chrome. After download,
- Select Open and the file will open
- Click on the ‘Always open files of this type” option
- If the files open with another application, you will need to change the settings of the adobe reader
- Open adobe
- Select edit, then click on preferences
- Tap on General
- Choose the “Select as default PDF handler”
- Give some time to process your command
At completion, restart your computer and the issue of adobe not opening PDF will be fixed. If the issue persists, it simply means that either the PDF file isn’t in Adobe’s supported file type or it’s not correctly decoded during download. To be certain, download the file again.
How to Resolve Adobe Not Opening PDF on Mac
Adobe not opening pdf files on mac usually occurs when adobe reader is not made the default PDF viewer or when it’s not correctly decoded during download. To resolve adobe not opening on mac, here is what to do;
- Find the PDF file on Mac
- Select it
- Control-click on the file to open the menu
- Tap on the Get Info button
- In the “Open with Section”, Click on adobe reader as the default PDF viewer
- Tap on the “Change All button”
- Select continue on the on-screen dialogue box
And you will resolve adobe not opening pdf on Mac
How to Resolve Adobe Not Opening PDF in Internet Explorer or Browser
To fix Adobe PDF viewer not opening PDF internet explorer or any browser, you will need to turn off the add-on on your browser. After that, Adobe not opening PDF in internet explorer or other browsers will be resolved. To turn off the add-on here is what to do;
- Open Internet Explorer on your PC
- Select tools
- Go to Manage Adds-on
- Under Add on types, Select Toolbars, and extensions
- A show menu will appear on screen, select all add-ons
- In the list, select Adobe PDF reader
- Click on either enable or Disable button (it toggles depending on the status of the chosen add-ons)
Enable will set the Adobe PDF reader on to open PDFs in the browser while disable will turn off the Add-on and you have the issue of Adobe not opening PDF.
How To Fix PDF Opening In Edge Not Adobe
When it comes to fixing PDF opening in edge not adobe, there are two methods involved. For the first method, to fix PDF opening in edge not adobe, you have to do this;
- Press Windows +I key to open Windows settings
- Tap on Apps and select Default apps from the left plane
- Select”Choose default apps by file types”
- Go through the options and search for .pdf, pdxml, and .pdx file type
- Click on the +sign to change it to Adobe Reader
For the second method, to fix PDF opening in Edge, not Adobe, you will need to resolve it via Microsoft Edge. Here is how to fix PDF opening in edge instead of Adobe using Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge
- Click on the three dots (…)at the right top corner
- Select settings from the drop-down menu
- Click On Site permissions
- Scroll down and select PDF documents
- Toggle the switch on for always open PDF files externally
It is important to note that if the Always open PDF files externally is on, and you try to open any online PDF documents, you will be prompted to download and use Adobe Reader to view later.
How To Fix PDF File Not Opening In Adobe Reader
To fix a PDF file not opening in Adobe reader, you will need to download the latest version of Adobe Reader. After which you will disable the protected mode that comes with it by default. Once this is changed, the issue of the PDF file not opening in Adobe reader will be resolved. To disable protected mode, you have to follow these steps.
- Download and Install Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC
- On Windows: Go to the PDF file and right-click on it
- Select Open with
- Click Choose another app
- Select either Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or Adobe Acrobat DC
- Click on the option- “Always use this app to open .pdf files”
- Click on the OK button.
With this PDF file not opening in Adobe Reader should be fixed. If it persists after following these steps, then the PDF file isn’t the supported file type.
How to Fix Adobe Reader XI Not Opening PDF Files
Fixing Adobe Reader XI not opening files is quite easy as most versions like Adobe Reader 10, Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.1.0, Acrobat Reader 5.0, Acrobat Reader 8.0, and many other versions all share the same process when it comes to fixing Adobe Reader not opening PDF files. To fix Adobe Reader XI not opening PDF files, here is what you need to do:
- Download or update Adobe Reader
- After which you open the reader
- At the top left corner is the Edit button, click on it
- Scroll down the Edit menu and click on Preferences
- A new window will open with various categories
- Select Security Enhances by clicking on it
- On the new page, Scroll and search for Sandbox protections
- Disable the Protected mode at startup by unchecking the box
And with that, Adobe Reader XI not opening PDF files will be fixed.
How To Fix Adobe Not Responding When Opening PDF
Adobe reader not responding when opening PDF could be caused by a lot of reasons. Three reasons that stand out are either your Adobe PDF viewer needs to be repaired or the pdf file got damaged while downloading or the PDF file is not in the supported file type depending on the Adobe PDF viewer version you are using. Here is what you can do to fix Adobe reader not responding when opening PDF files.
- Open Control Panel
- Go to Programs
- Select Uninstall a program
- Look for and select Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Click the change button at the top
- Select the Repair option
- Allow the app to be repaired
Once the adobe reader is repaired, adobe not responding when opening PDF should be fixed. If it persists, download the Pdf file again.
How To Fix SharePoint PDF Not Opening In Adobe
To fix Sharepoint PDF not opening in Adobe, you will need to repair your Adobe Reader. This, you do either by visiting Adobe.com or fixing it through Adobe reader itself. Here are the steps involved in fixing SharePoint not opening in adobe.
- Open the Adobe Reader
- At the left bottom of the screen, click on the Start menu
- Select Help at the top corner
- Click on repair Adobe Reader
- A meter will pop up showing that your Adobe reader is being checked for errors and is being linked back to home- Adobe.com just in case you need a new update
- Once completed, another popup will appear asking if you want to update Adobe
- Click Yes
- Reopen the file now, it should be readable
With these simple and easy steps, SharePoint not opening in Adobe should be fixed.
How to Resolve Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Not Opening PDF
If your adobe acrobat Pro DC is not opening, it could be that you have not updated it or the PDF file is not the supported file type. Once a new version is developed, it’s good to always update your adobe acrobat Pro DC to avoid Adobe Acrobat Pro DC not opening PDF.
- Open Acrobat
- Click on Help
- Select About Acrobat DC
- Click on Check for Updates
- Update your adobe acrobat
With that reopen the PDF file again and the issue of adobe acrobat pro dc not opening PDF will be fixed.
Fixing Adobe Acrobat Pro x Not Opening PDF
To fix adobe acrobat Pro x not opening PDF, you will have to move the preferences folder to a temporary profile. Once that is done, adobe pro x not opening PDF will be fixed. Here are the steps involved in fixing adobe acrobat pro x not opening PDF
- On Your PC, Select the Start Menu
- Click on All Apps and Find Adobe Reader
- Right-click on Adobe Reader and click on “Open file location”
- Right-click on Adobe Reader and Select properties
- Select Compatibility
- Check the options and click on “Run this program in compatibility mode” for Windows 7. You can also select Windows 8 or any Windows OS you want
- Click Okay and Apply to save changes and exit.
Download the pdf file again and reopen it. It should open now. With that, the issue of adobe acrobat pro x not opening PDF will be resolved.
With these tips, you can easily fix adobe not opening the pdf. We hope this is helpful