How to merge your TIN Number and your Ghana Card
The Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA), the Registrar-General’s Department (RGD) in collaboration with the National Identification Authority (NIA) announced that effective April 1, 2021, the Ghana card Personal Identification Number (Ghana card PIN) will replace the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) of individuals issued by the GRA for tax identification purposes.
This means that, for GRA transactions such as the filing of returns, payment of taxes, clearing of goods, registering of businesses, the Ghana Card ID number can be used in place of TIN.
This directive is to aid government expand the public tax net and also help in realigning its revenue mobilization tactics. Therefore, any taxpayer with a Ghana card must present it at any GRA office to be registered as a taxpayer.
Where can you register for a Ghana Card?
Registration officials of the National Identification Authority (NIA) are stationed at fourteen (14) GRA offices across the country to register individuals who do not possess a Ghana card.
List of Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA), the Registrar-General’s Department Offices:
- TIN Centre, Registrar-General’s Department, Accra
- TIN Centre, Customs Long Room, Tema
- Taxpayer Service Centre, Spintex Road
- Taxpayer Service Centre, Adabraka
- Taxpayer Service Centre 1, Tema
- Taxpayer Service Centre, Koforidua
- Taxpayer Service Centre, Cape Coast
- Taxpayer Service Centre, Takoradi
- Taxpayer Service Centre, Asokwa
- Taxpayer Service Centre, Sunyani
- Taxpayer Service Centre, Ho
- Taxpayer Service Centre, Bolgatanga
- Taxpayer Service Centre, Wa
How to link your TIN and Ghana Card
To link your TIN to your Ghana Card, kindly follow these steps below:
- Visit https://myid.gra.gov.gh
- A homepage will open where you will enter your TIN Number received from GRA. Click continue to proceed to the next step.
- In the next step, type your Ghana card personal ID (eg. GH00000XXX). Then Enter your Surname, Fore/First name, and Date of birth just as they appear on the Card and proceed.
- Fill in your valid email address and mobile phone number. Click on ‘SEND OTP’ to receive a 6-digit OTP code in your email inbox (check spam/junk folder if not in inbox). Enter the code and click Link TIN button.
After you will see your link request has successfully been submitted as shown below.
To track the status of your submission, Click this link https://myid.gra.gov.gh/LinkTinStatus