In the Tech world, there are many reasons why you would want to schedule a text with Google Messages.
You might want to the schedule to remind your partner, friend, family or business partner to complete a task for you during a time. Whatever the case, scheduling that message is actually pretty easy.
Before we get into the instructions though, you will need to wait for the update before it will work properly.
How to schedule text on Google Messages
- Open up the Messages app on your phone and either start a new conversation or enter an existing one.
- Type out the message you’d like to schedule as you normally would, but don’t hit the send button.
- With your message composed, tap and hold the send button, which initiates the scheduled messaging feature.
- You can choose to send your message at an exact time of your choosing.
- If you choose to set up your own schedule, you’ll see a calendar and time picker. Fill it out with the appropriate info.
- If everything looks right, hit “Save.” You’ll then see the chosen time and date above your message and a new clock icon on the send button.
- Tap the send button and your message is scheduled.
If you are looking to schedule a text with Google Messages, these instructions should work for the different types of texts you send. In other words, it doesn’t matter if they are SMS, MMS, or Chat messages. You can schedule whatever you like.