Screenshot grants users access to capture what they see on their screen to share with others or reference later. Screenshotting can be extremely helpful, but can sometime infringe on another person’s right to privacy. Regardless, others insist screenshot is one of the most important thing on the internet.
On Snapchat, users get notified when their pictures/videos are screenshotted or recorded to help protect privacy by letting them know who’s saving their pictures. However, you must factor whether you’re violating the others’ privacy when you take a screenshot of their Snap.
How To Take Screenshots On Snapchat Without Sending Notifications?
Though there is no legal way to screenshot someone on Snapchat without them knowing, there are other means you can use to grab videos or pictures from their Snap.
Here are ways to learn how to screenshot or record on Snapchat without them knowing on iPhone.
Turn on Airplane Mode on iPhone
- The simplest method to screenshot Snapchat on the iPhone is to launch the app, wait for snap story to load, and then enable Airplane mode.
- Open the Control Centre on your iPhone and tap on the Airplane mode button.
- Go back to Snapchat and view the snap/story.
- Load the image and now you can take a screenshot or record. With this, Snapchat won’t be able to notify the other person because there is no data or Wi-Fi connection.
However, once you disable Airplane mode, it might notify the person. To prevent this, follow the method below;
- Close the story and tap on your profile picture.
- Tap on the Settings icon from the top right.
- Scroll down and tap on Clear Cache → Clear All → Clear.
- After this, you can turn off Airplane mode.
Use another phone to record
You can also use a spare phone to record the snap or screenshot it by viewing the Snapchat story or snap on your iOS device and then use the other phone’s camera to take a picture.
For videos, you can use the other device to record.