Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are recognized for making transactions in some countries, however, Ghana is yet to adopt that process.
As the use of Bitcoin and crypto in Ghana rises, some challenges people face are converting or selling bitcoins into a legal tender.
In this article, we will introduce you to a new app and why it is people’s favourite crypto trading app.
About Breet App
Breet is an over-the-counter (OTC) cryptocurrency trading app in Africa where crypto users and businesses can sell Bitcoin, convert it to Cedis and withdraw directly to their local bank account in less than five minutes.
Breet uses an OTC trading method, which guarantees users their privacy during the trading process.
Apart from Bitcoin, Breet also trade Ethereum, Litecoin, USDT, Dogecoin and Bitcoin Cash.
Features of Breet App
The Breet App provides a free rate calculator to help users known how their bitcoin will be worth in Cedis, depending on the current rate.
The app allows users to automate the process of withdrawing their funds after every transaction. This feature can be turned off or on.
How To Set Your Breet Default Wallet To Cedis
- Log in to your Breet account.
- On the bottom far right corner, click on the SETTINGS button.
- Click on DEFAULT WALLET
- Select CEDIS WALLET.
That’s it! All crypto transactions will now be deposited into your Breet CEDIS wallet, and you can withdraw from that wallet when you wish to.
How To Add Your Cedis Mobile Money Information on Breet
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to add your MTN Mobile Money information to Breet.
- Log into your Breet account
- Located at the top right corner of your screen, click on the menu bar.
- Next, click on “Payment Details.”
- Click on “Add your Account Details.”
- Select your currency type, which is Cedia-GHS
- Input your Bank name- MTN Mobile Money
- Input your Account Number
- Input your Account Name
- Click on “Save.”
Step-by-step guide on how to sell Bitcoin for Mobile Money in Ghana with Breet.
- Copy your Bitcoin wallet address or scan the QR code. You can receive Bitcoin into it from anywhere, at any time.
- There are different rates for different ranges of Bitcoin amounts in USD received in your wallet. The Cedis value will automatically be added to your Cedia wallet after completing a transaction.
- Once Bitcoin is sent to your wallet address, you have to wait for a minimum of 3 confirmations from the Bitcoin blockchain network.
- After this, the Cedis value is then added to your balance.
- Withdraw it to your Mobile Money account provided.
How To Withdraw Your Funds To Your Mobile Money Account
After completing your transaction, your funds will be added to your Cedis Balance. If your “Automatic Settlement” feature is turned off, you will need to manually withdraw your funds to your local bank account yourself when you wish to.
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to withdraw your funds from your Breet Cedis balance to your Mobile Money account.
- On the home dashboard, click on your Cedis Balance, which opens up the withdrawal page.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Enter your password.
- Select which account you want to make your withdrawal to.
- Click on “Withdraw”.