Twitter for iOS app announced an update that allows users to quickly and easily share tweets to their Instagram Story. The feature works using the iOS share sheet: just tap the share icon underneath any tweet, and select “Instagram Stories” from the list of apps.
Once on Instagram, the tweet can be resized or re-positioned with the image service’s standard selection of text, stickers, music, and annotations.
How to add a tweet to your Instagram Story
To be able to share tweets, the ‘actual tweet’ must be made public on Twitter, and not a private or protected account. You will also need to be logged in to your Instagram and Twitter accounts on the device you’re using. This method currently only works for iPhone users.
- On the Twitter app, locate the tweet you wish to share to your Instagram Story.
- On the tweet you wish to share, tap on the “Share” icon, which resembles an arrow pointing upward.
- In the menu that appears, underneath the Instagram icon, tap on “Instagram Stories.”
- The Twitter app will now disappear. In its place, the Instagram app will open a new draft for an Instagram Story.
- You can now interact with the shared tweet as though it is a sticker. You can move it around by tapping and dragging the tweet, or you can resize it by swiping your fingers together or apart.
- Put the finishing touches on your Instagram Story as you’d like it to appear. Then, you can choose to share it with all of your Instagram followers, a single person, or a group of multiple Instagram users.
pls stop posting screenshots of Tweets on IG Stories. you can now share Tweets directly on iOS.
— Twitter (@Twitter) June 22, 2021