Screenshot has become part of our daily lives and is handy. Screenshot can aid you to keep messages, information, tweets and other important things that appear on your phone screen.
There are at least two ways to take a screenshot of your Phones screen, be it Android or IOS. Here, we are going to talk about how to Screenshot on iPhones and Andriod Phones.
How to take screenshots on your Android Phones
- Press and Hold the Power button if you are loaded with Android 9 or later. (Because Android phones from various manufacturers can vary greatly in how they handle features, your phone may have other ways to perform the same task.)
- You’ll get a pop-out window on the right side of your screen with icons that let you power off, restart, call an emergency number, or take a screenshot.
- You can also Hold down the power button + and press the volume-down button simultaneously to capture the screen.
Once you have taken the screenshot, it will briefly appear as a smaller version and then disappear.
A drop-down will briefly appear on top letting you know that the screenshot is being saved, and then it will be replaced by another drop-down that, if you tap it, will let you share or delete the screenshot or make some basic edits.
However, some Android phones (for example, certain Samsung and Huawei phones) let you take “long” screenshots, where you can scroll the screen down and capture the entire page.
If you want to find all your past screenshots:
- Go to your Photo Gallery
- Tap on the three parallel lines in the top-left corner
- Select “Device folders” > “Screenshots”
How to take screenshots on your iPhones
If you’re using an iPhone, you’ll find that taking a screenshot is a very simple operation.
- Press the side button + and the volume-up button simultaneously. (Note: if you have an iPhone that has a Home button, you need to press the side button and the Home button instead.)
- You’ll get a thumbnail image of your screenshot in the lower-left corner
- Tap on the image to make it larger. Icons in the upper-right corner let you delete it or share it. There will also be editing tools below that will let you add highlights or mark it up. Click on the plus sign in the lower-right corner and you can add text, a signature, arrows, or various shapes.
- When you’re finished, tap “Done” in the upper-left corner. You can save the image to Photos, Files, or delete it.