As part of efforts to reduce Mobile Money frauds, MTN in 2018 introduced a new method to approve transactions and payments. This is known as the Mobile Money Approval request.
This means that customers who unintentionally cancel prompts to enter their PIN to confirm a withdrawal transaction or payment will have the opportunity to “re-approve” the requests from a vendor or third party.
They will have to ‘intentionally approve’ the transaction themselves on their phone.
Here’s how to approve a payment request:
When performing a withdrawal transaction from a vendor or agent, MTN instantly sends a prompt to enter a PIN to confirm the transaction. Should in case you mistakenly cancel the prompt, follow the procedure below;
- Dial *170#
- Select Option 10, My Wallet.
- Select Option 2 for My Approvals.
- Enter PIN to get your Pending Approval List.
- Select pending transaction to approve.
- Select Option 1 YES to approve the transaction OR Option 2 NO to reject the transaction
Now wait till you receive an SMS as confirmation for a successful transaction.