The Ghana Education Trust Fund announced it is accepting entries for foreign scholarships for the 2022/2023 Academic year for the following programs;
Faculty development is another key area in which GETFund provides scholarship support through the regulator of the tertiary education space, the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) for university lecturers to receive further education abroad.
The Fund also provides funding for short courses abroad by MPs, judges and other upon request. In addition, students who challenge themselves to educational competitive programmes are also entitled to seek the support of the fund for these international events.
Scope of Scholarship
- The programme focuses on the narrow confines of the ‘brilliant but needy’ requirement to qualify for scholarship support at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, GETFund scholarship recognizes that scholarship support can, and must, expand beyond that scope if it is to make a more meaningful impact on society.
- Beyond providing support for ‘brilliant but needy’ applicants, the Fund also makes provision for capacity building in public institutions and agencies, where various employees may need to acquire more skills to meet evolving developments in their area of work. Examples lie in the forensic science, cyber security and fire-fighting domains
- Masters Programmes for Sciences and Humanities
- Undergraduate Programmes for Medical Sciences Only.
Procedure for Application
- All Applicants are required to visit the links below to complete an online application form
- Applicant is required to select the link to entry form by selecting the Country of institution of the applicant
- Applicant shall complete the online form for preliminary vetting and shortlisting
- Applicant will be contacted if shortlisted after preliminary vetting
- Shortlisted Applicants shall be required to submit scanned copies of supporting documentation for verification
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for Interviews on their submitted application
Requirements for Applicants
- Application for scholarship
- Proof of Nationality
- Admission letter
- Fee Schedule
- Curriculum Vitae
- Previous academic certificates (Where Applicable)
- Previous transcript (Where Applicable)
- National Service Certificate (Where Applicable)
- Applications for Scholarship letters should be addressed to the address below:
Applicants are required to submit their application in person or via only mail.
P.O. Box MB, 254