The Ghanaian passport application process has undergone changes, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration has laid out the steps for applying online.
The public and those seeking passports are now informed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration that all PACs now offer online passport application.
The action will improve the public’s access to services in Ghana. The Ministry relies on applicants for passports to cooperate as usual.
Passport Application Guidelines
- Visit https://passport.mfa.gov.gh/
- Click on “New User? Register Here” Passport Application Site
- Enter details and “Sign Up” to create a new account on Ghana.gov
- Enter Personal details (Full name, Phone Number, Email, Password) and continue
- A One Time Password (OPT) would be sent to the phone number provided
- Enter the OTP and hit “Continue”
- Click on “Apply”
- Search for the Passport Office
- Click on “Apply”
- Click on “Authorize” to enable the application to share your details with the Passport Application portal
- Make Payment for processing fees.
- Choose a bank, then choose an application type (standard or expedited), choose payment channel to make payment
- After a successful payment of the processing fee, the form is issued into your account to continue with your passport application. This form can be found at “My Applications” on your passport application dashboard on the passport.mfa.gov.gh website.
- Note that payment made is irreversible
- Complete all the details on the form.
- Sign the Declaration Form.
- Book a date you will like to go to the Passport Application Center (PAC) for the verification of your documents and to take your biometric details (i.e. photograph and fingerprints).
- Present yourself on the appointment date at the Passport Application Center for verification of your documents and to capture biometric details.
- After your appointment, the PAC will indicate to you when your passport will be ready for collection.
- Go to the Passport Application Center (PAC) on the date indicated to you to collect your passport.
Passport Application Fees
|1||Expedited Application 48 Pages||GHS 200.00|
|2||Expedited Application 32 Pages||GHS 150.00|
|3||Standard Application 32 Pages||GHS 100.00|
|4||Standard Application 48 Pages||GHS 150.00|
Passport Payment Channels
|1||Ecobank Ghana||VISA & MasterCard, MTN Mobile Money, Vodafone Cash,|
|2||GCB Bank||Vodafone Cash.|
|4||Zenith Bank Ghana||VISA & MasterCard, MTN Mobile Money, Vodafone Cash,|