It’s not always possible to change the email address associated with a YouTube account.
If the email address associated with your YouTube account is a @gmail.com email, you probably can’t change it and will need to create a new Google account with a non-Gmail email that will then be linked to a new YouTube account.
For others users, however, the process of changing the email address linked to a YouTube account is pretty straightforward.
Here’s how to do it.
- Sign into your Google account and then click on your image (or avatar)
- Click “Manage your Google Account” on the dropdown menu.
- On the next page, click “Personal info” from the column on the left side of the screen.
- Click on email in the “Contact info” section.
- Select “Google Account email,” and click on Edit next to your email address.
According to Google, you may not be able to open “Google Account email” if you’re using a Gmail address, and you won’t be able to change it.
If you can edit your email, enter the new email address you wish to use, then save to confirm it.
Now go to the newly added email address’s inbox and watch for a verification request. Verify the change, and you should be good to go.