MTN Ahomka Loan is a new Mobile Money Financial service introduced by MTN to help their customers during Financial crisis. This service was reported to have been introduced due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
MTN Ahomka is similar to MTN Qwik Loan and Xpress Loan. It’s a short term, unsecured, cash loan paid into your Mobile Money wallet. If you want to apply for the new MTN Loan, all you need is a Registered and active MTN Phone Number.
Who Qualifies for MTN Ahomka Loan
To Qualify for the new loan service, you need to frequently make Mobile Money Transactions and Top-up your airtime for 90 Days.
How to Apply for MTN Ahomka Loan
- First, Dial *170#
- Select Option 5 for Financial Services
- Select 3 for Loans to choose your preferences
- Select Option 3 for Ahomka Loan
- Select Option 1 to get a Loan
- Enter Your Pin to Confirm
- Select Option 1 to view Offers
- Enter your preferred amount between 50GH to 1000
- Enter Option 1 to Confirm repayment Plan
After Confirming repayment, you will an SMS of the Loan amount you requested and the applicable service fee for the transaction.
Once the transaction is done, MTN will loan you the preferred amount directly into your Mobile Money Account which you can check via *170#.
According to MTN the interest rate of the Ahomka loan is still 6.9% and 12.5% when you default. The maximum amount is also GHS1000, same as Qwikloan and Xpressloan.