According to experts, it is advisable to change your Gmail password at 2-3 month. Google also encourages that users should change Google account’s password regularly.
Tips you need to know before you Change your Password
- A change to your Gmail’s password means that you also change to all of Google account’s password, such as Youtube, GoogleMaps, Google Plus
- Make sure you turn off Caps-lock when you enter password
- The longer your password is, the safer. Note that the password should be mixed by characters, symbols and numbers, capital characters.
How to change your Gmail Password on Desktop
To Change or Reset your Google Account password Click Here:
- Open your Google Account. You might need to sign in.
- Under “Security,” select Signing in to Google.
- Choose Password. You might need to sign in again.
- Enter your new password, then select Change Password.
Note: The new password must have 8 characters at least and should be mixed with capital characters and numbers and symbols.
Make sure you don’t use passwords such as: 12345678, your name, your birthday, your number phone…
- Then, you press the button : “Change Password”.
- After change to Gmail Password successfully, you will be taken back to the setting account page.
The next time when you access to Gmail, remembering to use new password!
Successfully! Note: If you forget your password, you can press link “Recover your Gmail password“.
How to change your Gmail Password on Android
- On your Android phone or tablet, open your device’s Settings app Google Manage your Google Account.
- At the top, tap Security.
- Under “Signing in to Google,” tap Password. You might need to sign in.
- Enter your new password, then tap Change Password.