Are you a Social Security and National Trust member? If yes, then keeping track of your SSNIT contribution has been made easier with the help of technology.
Every SSNIT member can now check for their SSNIT contribution online. You no longer need to visit a nearby SSNIT office to track your contributions, all you need to do is have access to a Computer or a Mobile phone and visit the SSNIT online portal to track your contribution.
How to check your SSNIT Contribution online in Ghana
In order to track your Social Security and National Trust Contribution, these are the step by step guide to follow using your smartphone or computer.
Any SSNIT member that wants to check their contributions online will need to have a Portal Identification number. This number can be obtained from any nearby SSNIT Office.
Request SSNIT Portal ID
To use the portal, one need to have a Portal ID. Portal ID is given automatically after the enrolment and re-enrolment process. In order to get a portal ID, please go to the nearest SSNIT Branches.
Login to the SSNIT Portal,
Visit the SSNIT Website Here.
To use the Portal ID for the first time, please do the following steps:
- Open the SSNIT Website
- Click on the SIGN IN icon in the top right corner
- Key in the Portal ID into the Username box
- Key in the temporary password into the Password box
- Click on the Sign In button
- You will be redirected to the First Time Login screen where you need to answer a Captcha test. Please answer the test
- Then you will be asked 3 (three) personal questions. You need to answer at least 2 (two) correctly
- The system will asked you to set 3 (three) of your security questions
- Next you will be forced to change your temporary password to a new permanent password
- Once successful, you will be logged out from the system. Use the new password to log in
How to Check your SSNIT Contribution,
To view your SSNIT contributions, please follow these steps:
- Login to your SSNIT account by key in Username and Password.
- At the main screen, choose View Account Statement.
- In Searching Criteria, choose either Tier 1 or Tier 2. Then, click View Statement to display Member’s Contribution Statement.
- For more details, click on the Period column for selected year.
- To print the statement, click PRINT button.
How to calculate your SSNIT contribution
SSNIT allows you to make use of the pension calculator to calculate your SSNIT contribution.
- A SSNIT member ought to understand the basis of calculating SSNIT contribution. The age, an average of the best salaries for three months and the earned pension right.
- The SSNIT contribution percentage rate for the pension right is 37.5%
Follow the steps below to calculate your SSNIT contribution or visit Here
Look at your age
It is a statutory rule that a member is not eligible for a full pension until they have attained the age of 60 and have contributed much more to the scheme for 15 years.
Average the best 36 months of your employment. A scheme member has to understand the finding average of the best monthly salary you have been earning for three years.
Find out the “pension right” you have earned so far as a scheme member. This is the rating that is calculated according to the months you contributed to the scheme. Once you have your average best salary for 3 years and your pension right, you can now continue and calculate your SSNIT contribution with the SSNIT contribution calculator below.
The average best salary for 36 months (X) being multiplied by three (3) years divided by the pension right. ((X x 3 years) ÷ pension right.). With SSNIT Portal Ghana, you can access and manage your Social Security And National Insurance Trust (SSNIT) contributions online
You’re now done with how to check and calculate your SSNIT contribution online in Ghana.
For Further Information, Visit SSNIT’s System Guide Here