The Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT) deployed systems to allow members of the scheme to merge their SSNIT Number and the Ghana Card (personal ID numbers on their Ghana cards).
The merger will provide convenience and comfort for members as they will only use one Ghana card, the Ghana Card, for all transactions with the Trust.
This is in compliance with the directives from the National Pension Regulatory Authority (NPRA) and Regulation 7(1) of the National Identity Register Regulation,2012, L.I. 2111, which requires the use of Ghana card as identification for “transactions pertaining to individuals in respect of pensions”.
All employers will be required to use NIA numbers of their workers to process Contribution Report and make payments. Voluntary contributors will also have to pay their contributions using their NIA numbers.
How to link SSNIT Number and Ghana Card via USSD
- Dial *711*9# using your mobile phone
- Select option 1 (merge NIA number with SSNIT number)
- Enter your SSNIT number and press send
- Enter your email address (if the phone number you provided to SSNIT is different from the one you are using).
- Enter the NIA number (Personal ID number on your Ghana card).
- Select option 1 (confirm) to complete the merging of your SSNIT and NIA numbers.
- Wait for a confirmation message via email/SMS.
Below is a pictorial guide on How to merge your SSNIT and NIA Numbers
How to link your Ghana Card and SSNIT Number Online
- Log onto the SSNIT website https://www.ssnit.org.gh and
- Click the “My Statement” menu or Log onto https://www.ssnit.org.gh/member/
- Log in by filling the required fields and click Sign in (Click Get Access if you don’t have an account or click Forgot Password if you have forgotten your password and sign in).
- On the My Statement page. Click on Merge my NIA number.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and click Submit and Continue.
- Enter your NIA number and click Submit.
- You will receive an email notification after the merger is successful.
How to link your Ghana Card and SSNIT Number (Walk-in)
Members may also visit the nearest SSNIT branch with their Ghana card, valid email address and phone numbers to have the merger done.
After the process is completed, members will be notified of the status of the merger through email addresses or phone numbers with SSNIT.
How to Check Your SSNIT and Ghana Card Numbers Merger Status
Members of the scheme who provided their SSNIT numbers during the NIA registration should note that their numbers have been merged already. To check your merger status;
- Dial *711*9# on your mobile phone.
- Select option 2 (Check Merger Status).
- Enter your SSNIT number or NIA number
- Your merger status is retrieved and sent to your email.
- You will be also notified if your SSNIT and NIA numbers have not been merged.
For Enquiries on SSNIT and Ghana Card merger, Contact SSNIT
For all enquiries on the integration of SSNIT numbers and NIA numbers, please contact SSNIT on: