You can now register the Ghana Card at home with ease and convenience according to the latest NIA report. In this article, we are going to take you through the step-by-step process to register your Ghana Card online.
Every Ghanaian Citizen living within the country and abroad has the right to be in the National Identification System and citizens from age zero(0) are entitled to be issued with a national ID card, as required by the law, to provide added convenience and ease when conducting with public sector institutions, civil society organizations and private sector businesses.
According to the NIA, application procedure and the period of registration may vary in the case of a disabled or incapacitated person or a Ghanaian citizen resident abroad. The applicant will have to appear in person before the registration officer at the registration center at the time specified by notice in the publications by the Authority.
- All Ghanaians(living at home and abroad)
- All persons that hold Ghanaian citizenship in addition to citizenship of any other foreign country (dual citizen)
- Registration covers all persons aged 0 years and above
How to Register for Ghana Card (NIA) at Home
- NIA shall conduct a Site Survey at your designated property before it sets up a registration centre for the exercise. The Survey will ensure a successful and efficient registration exercise as follows:
- Signal – to ensure that the strength of the network signals at the designated premises or alternative location is strong and stable to avoid interrupted registration process.
- Environment/Space – to ensure that the space allocated and logistics provided by the household for the registration exercise is conducive to work in.
- Location – to confirm directions provided by the Contact Person to enable the registration team locate the designated property easily on the day of service provision.
- Confirmation of List of Applicants – – to confirm the list of applicants forwarded by the contact person for the household to NIA.
- You will be required to pay in advance:
- Ghc150.00 for each member of your household you intend for NIA to register pursuant to the Fees and Charges (Miscellaneous Provisions) Instrument, 2019.
- A logistics fee for site survey and movement of NIA equipment and personnel to your designated premises pursuant to the Fees and Charges (Miscellaneous Provisions) Instrument, 2019.
Requirements for Registration
- Applicants are required to download and fill out the Registration Application Form (Household) and submit to the NIA Head Office or via [email protected] The Form can be found on the NIA website (www.nia.gov.gh).
- Compulsory requirements:
- The applicant’s Birth Certificate or valid Passport or
- One of the applicant’s relatives who possess a Ghana Card to vouch for the applicant or
- Two non-relatives who know the applicant to be a Ghanaian and who possess Ghana Cards to vouch for the applicant; and
- The Ghana Post Digital Address of the applicant’s residence.
- For the vouching for process, the following categories of persons are the only ones mandated to vouch for an applicant where the applicant has no known relatives who possess a Ghana Card:
- A practising or retired professional teacher (including principals, head masters & head teachers)
- A Gazetted Chief
- A practicing or retired Magistrate or Judge
- A practicing or retired licenced Professional e.g. doctor, nurse, lawyer, accountant, engineer, architect etc.
- A serving or retired civil/public servant
- A serving or retired Clergyman
- An Imam
- A serving or retired Catechist
- A serving or retired member of the security services including the Ghana Police Service, Ghana Armed Forces, Ghana Prison Service, Ghana Immigration Service, Ghana National Fire Service, BNI, Customs, Excise and Preventive Service of the Ghana Revenue Service and National Security
- A current or past Member of Parliament, An Assembly or Unit Committee
- Applicants are also required to bring along the following Government-issued identity cards or document if they possess any of them:
- Driver’s Licence;
- Voter ID Card;
- SSNIT Biometric Card;
- National Health Insurance Card;
- Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
Post Registration Activities
- The registration process aims at printing every applicant’s Ghana Card instantly. However, in the event that applicants’ Ghana Cards cannot be printed instantly, arrangements will be made with the Contact Person to have the said cards printed and issued to applicants at a later date. The details of applicants whose cards are not printed instantly will be shared with the Contact Person and followed up through a Client Service portal.
- At the end of the registration exercise, the Contact Person will be required to complete NIA Customer Satisfaction Survey Form to evaluate the registration exercise in general.
Ghanacard Registration Application Form For Household Registration
After downloading and filling this form, submit it at the NIA Head Office or via email to [email protected]