Messaging platform, WhatsApp has introduced a new security feature, the Chat Lock, which helps users to protect intimate conversations.
The new feature allows users to lock any chat, takes the message out of the inbox and hides it. The chats can then only be accessed with a user’s password or biometric.
Users can perform this task on a one-to-one or group chats by selecting the lock option.
How To Lock A WhatsApp Chat
- Open WhatsApp
- Tap on the chat you want to lock
- Select the contact name or number at the top of the screen to open the chat info.
- Scroll down and tap on Chat Lock.
- Turn on the toggle to Lock this chat with fingerprint, face ID or passcode
- Confirm by scanning your fingerprint, face, or entering your PIN or password.
- A confirmation message will pop up that the chat is now locked.
Locked chats are separated from other chats. They can be accessed by swiping down from the main chats screen at the archive section.
Locking a chat will also prevent media files from being saved to your phone’s gallery. You will have to unlock the chat first if you want to save any media files.